Electrical fire sparked after storm; SFD saves home

Firefighters save a home from destruction by putting out an electrical box fire.
Published: Jun. 16, 2023 at 5:51 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - Firefighters save home from destruction by putting out an electrical box fire.

On June 16, early in the morning after a severe storm swept through the ArkLaTex, the Shreveport Fire Department (SFD) responded to a report of a fire on the 1800 block of Hickory Street. When firefighters arrived they discovered tree limbs had brought down power lines connected to a home and that the electrical box ignited in flames.

No injuries were reported.

June 16 storm coverage:

Damaging winds associated with storms that moved across parts of the ArkLaTex

Storm damage>>>