The feeling of scooping up spaghetti on your fork, holding it up high then letting it roll on your tongue is a pleasure few things can compare to.
Spaghetti is a thin type of pasta traditionally consumed by Italians. Today, we all love it regardless of our origin.
If you’ve never cooked at home, maybe you’ve eaten it at restaurants. It is loved by children and adults alike and is rich in carbohydrates which provides your body with energy.
This is one of the simplest meals you’ll ever cook.
Below are two easy ways you can cook spaghetti.
Method 1: Boiling Spaghetti
- 100 grams of uncooked spaghetti
- 1 liter of water
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Put the water on a cooking pot and let it boil.
- Pour the oil into the water and add salt.
- Put the spaghetti in the water. If you don’t want it to be too long or if it will be consumed by kids then you can break it into two or three before putting it in the water.
- Let the spaghetti boil for around 8 to 10 minutes while it is uncovered.
- Check to ensure it is soft and then turn off the heat.
- Drain any excess water from the spaghetti. Cover it so you can serve it while hot.
You can eat spaghetti on its own or with meat, sausages, meatballs, shrimp, minced meat, or vegetables. Think of anything you would serve with rice and eat it with spaghetti instead.
TIP: To ensure your spaghetti does not stick together or to the pan stir it occasionally as it boils.
Read also: How to Make Ice Cream
Method 2: Frying Spaghetti
Boiling is not the only way to go when cooking spaghetti.
The second option is to fry them. Some people prefer this method to boiling because they find it tastier.
- 100 grams of spaghetti
- Any vegetables you may have (e.g. carrots or peas)
- Peppers (depending on your preference, could be red or yellow)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Vegetable cooking oil
- 3 tomatoes
Please note that you can make this second method unique to you so the ingredients will depend on what you like.
- Boil the spaghetti in water and drain it as explained in method 1 above.
- Put a pan on medium heat and pour cooking oil.
- Cook the onions. Wait while stirring until they turn golden brown, put in garlic, tomatoes, and then pepper (s).
- Add salt, stir and cover for 2 minutes to cook.
- Add spaghetti to the cooked ingredients, and mix.
- Serve your fried spaghetti as it is or with any meal you like.
“No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention.”— Christopher Morley