Pancakes are one of the most common home-made snacks. They are known for having such an irresistible treat with an aroma that tickles your taste buds and makes you feel like you’re having a royal breakfast.
Pancakes are universal. They are loved by people of all ages, races, and ethnicities even though the recipes may slightly vary.
The best thing with pancakes is that they can be served with a variety of things like fruits (bananas, strawberries), honey, syrup, or even eggs.
They are also easy to prepare.
You can have them for breakfast, dessert, lunch or even dinner since they’re filing.
You just have to be creative if you want to turn them into a full meal.
If you want to learn how to make pancakes, follow the recipe below. It’s time to wow your visitors or give your family a lifetime treat.
- I cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- Get two dry bowls. Whisk the eggs, and then add milk and vanilla essence and mix them.
- In the second bowl, sift the maize flour, then add salt, sugar, and baking powder. After that, mix these dry ingredients. This is to evenly disperse all the ingredients.
TIP: Mixing the two sets of ingredients separately helps you avoid having lumps.
- Pour the first ingredients inside the second bowl with the dry ingredients and mix them until fully smooth.
- Put a pan on medium heat and add some butter.
- Pour your mixture on the pan and leave it for at least 3 minutes. Once it turns golden brown and you see some bubbles forming on it, flip it and let the other side cook for a minute or two.
- Repeat the procedure for the rest of the mixture until all your pancakes are cooked.
Serve it with tea or coffee or with your favorite fruit (bananas, blueberries, and strawberries are great options), maple syrup, or spread some honey on it.
There’s a second method of preparing pancakes that involves using the same ingredients and steps mentioned. The only difference is that instead of melting butter on the pan, you can mix it in the ingredients or substitute it with oil. You can then pour the mixture on the pan without using any oil or butter.
Read also: How to Cook Spaghetti
Henry David ChorizeauThere is no remedy for pancakes but to pancake more.