Inspira is a new Information Technology system that was introduced in 2010 to support Talent Management. It is built on an oracle PeopleSoft software platform but has been adopted by developers to meet an Organisation’s unique needs.
Are you looking for a job in the United Nations? You will, then, have to familiarise yourself with Inspira, the organization’s electronic application process.
How to get started with Inspira:
Register as an External User
The system is easy to log into and register. If you are already working with the United Nations, this site might not be helpful to you as it is created for those outside the United Nations Secretariat. The platform provides a set of instructions that will make it easy to register. You will need to create a username and password that you will use to log into the system.
Update Your Profile
On the Home page of the Inspira system, you will find three sections: Personal Details, Family Details, and Nationality & Residence. Fill in these and click on the save link to store your information on Inspira. A warning message will pop up if you had registered before. Once you have filled in all the required fields of your profile, the status of your profile becomes “100% complete.”
Create Your First Application
Once you have updated your profile, you will be required to make the job application that you find suitable. The system will give you step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the job most suitable for you. On the Home page, click on the “My application” icon, then on the “Create Draft Application,” and answer the questions provided. The site will give you three options to choose from: You will either replicate from an existing file, build a new application or load a new file. All these depend on whether you have been on the site before. Once this has been accomplished you will need to fill in the following requirements:
- Screening and fitness questions
- Work Experience
- Skills & Training
- A cover letter that includes attachments and references
Search and Apply for a Job
There are several instructions that you must follow. The first one is to identify and select the job you want to apply for from the updated list of vacancies. Once you do this, you will be required to answer some provided questions.
Having answered the questions, you will have three options:
- Replicate from an existing or previous application: This creates a new online application based on the content of an existing online application. You will pick the information that is already saved on the system from your previous interactions with Inspira
- The second option allows you to build a new application if you have not used the system before.
- The last option allows you to load from your files. Use this option to create a new online application from an earlier saved Application template.
Whichever of the three options you choose, the next step is to answer the screening questions and then save your information. The system allows you to go back to previous pages to update your information. After completing each section, click on the Save button to store the information provided.
Once you are satisfied with the information provided click on the Submit button. You have an opportunity to review and update what you have fed the system by clicking on the Review button. Once you submit an application, you cannot make adjustments to it afterward.
Click on the “I agree to these terms” after you have read the “Terms and Agreements.” You should be able to get a notification that your application has been accepted. The site allows you to confirm that your application has been loaded into the system. To do this, click on the “Return to Job Search,” click on the “My Application” table, and you will be able to view all the applications you have made on the portal.
- You can only submit one application per job opening on Inspira. You may not be able to edit it once you have submitted your application.
- If you happen to withdraw your application, you will not be able to make an application again.
- It is recommendable that you apply well in advance before the deadline date. This is to avoid last-minute disappointments on the last few days towards the application.
- You can click on the “Job alert” to register to be alerted of any job opening. You will be required to provide an email address through which you will receive all job openings alerts.
- Inspira has a page dedicated to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). It is in place to help an applicant get a solution to questions about their application on Inspira.