WhatsApp has become the most popular messaging platform. A research study carried out in 2020 shows that WhatsApp is used by at least 2 million people in a month globally. This makes the app a market leader among social media platforms. Therefore, this becomes a convenient marketing platform if you want to see your business grow. The platform helps you to easily connect with your audience as well as your potential customers.
Advantages of Using WhatsApp in Business
- You can use WhatsApp for more than just texting: You can take advantage of its voice and video calls to interact more with your customers. The app is also favorable since you can also share photos of your products with your customers. Apart from sending pictures to your contacts, you can set up your Status for people to see what you offer. This, however, will only be shared with those on your contact list.
- WhatsApp is widely available. You can use WhatsApp to communicate with people in over 180 different countries all over the world.
- The app is reliable as long as you are connected to Wi-Fi or have mobile data. The cost of communication is relatively low compared to other forms of communication
WhatsApp has a number of features that you can combine to reach your audience and potential customers:
- Images: you can upload pictures of your products and send them to interested parties
- Voice Messages
- Your location: you do not have to struggle using landmarks to give your location to your customers. With just a click and tap on your phone, you can send your location and connect with your customer
How to Use WhatsApp for Marketing Your Business?
To get started, you need to install a WhatsApp Business account. Follow these simple steps:
- Download the WhatsApp Business account from Apple/ Google Store depending on your device.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Enter your details in the required chronological order, and you are ready to set up your account.
Once you have your account in place, the next step is to learn about setting up a product catalogue for your e-commerce or automated messaging, especially if you are a new user of the app.
Tips for Marketing on WhatsApp
The following are useful tips for using a WhatsApp Business account to market your business.
- Define Your Goals:
To get your WhatsApp marketing plan started, you need to define your objectives. This will help you focus on what is important to you and the business. You will also need to let people know the goals of your business.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is the content for, and what do I want to achieve?
- How can I help the customer get what they are looking for? It will be useful to understand the needs of those in your group. Your marketing content should be ideal for those you are targeting considering factors such as age.
- Create a Brand Persona:
Your customers must be able to identify with your brand. How you interact with your customer – your tone, choice, and content must reflect your brand’s image.
- Design Your Communication Materials
Poorly designed e-fliers and e-catalogues are a turn-off even to the best of customers. To market effectively on WhatsApp, you will need to offer relevant and well-produced content. Start by pinpointing your main products and why your audience should use them.
Try to be informative and entertaining, as you do not want to attract boredom!
Reinforce your messages with multimedia files such as videos, animations, or pictures. Appropriate emoji and GIFs will help you put a message across when needed. Consider the following too:
- Away Message: This is an automated message that alerts your contacts that their message has been delivered even in instances where you are not in a position to respond immediately. This gives your customers confidence that their messages have reached you and noted for further action. It also creates awareness about your products to those who may not be aware of what you offer.
- Quick Replies: With WhatsApp Business, you can pre-set messages that you are likely to use frequently. These include the location of your business as well as the prices of your items. This makes it easy to communicate this basic information with your customers without creating a new message for every new contact or new question.
- Show off Your Creative Prowess: WhatsApp gives you a platform to show off your creative ability. It could be a video of how your product is made, packaged, and distributed. Better still, a video on how your product works and, therefore, how beneficial it can be to your potential customer. Doing these kinds of promotions can help you build a new level of trust with your contacts.
- Take Customer Care to A New Level: Did you know that you can launch WhatsApp on your desktop devices? This makes it possible to use it along with other desktop applications for powerful customer support. With the App on your desktop, your customers can reach you directly for instant answers.